What is ANCOP Walk?
The ANCOP Walk is a global annual event of ANCOP that raises funds for its SHELTER, CHILD SPONSORSHIP, and HUMANITARIAN RELIEF programs. It is faith in action! Individuals and groups participate in the walk, generously giving donations or helping solicit funds for ANCOP. Kids, youth, adults, and seniors join together to walk for the poor and rally the public to support the cause.
In Canada, the ANCOP Walk is conducted simultaneously in various locations around the country. For 2018, all of the walks will be held in August. Nineteen cities and areas in Canada are expected to participate: Toronto, Ottawa, Windsor and Hamilton in Ontario; Vancouver, Victoria and Whistler in British Columbia; Montreal in Quebec; Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Camrose, Lloydminster and Fort McMurray in Alberta; Saskatoon and Regina in Saskatchewan; Winnipeg and Brandon in Manitoba and Yellowknife in the Northern Territories! A 20th city is planning its walk for 2018 – Bermuda!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The walk is open to everyone. You must also be up for the challenge of walking a distance of 4 kilometers or so, and willing to help generate resources for your sponsorship. Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
We encourage you to set yourself a personal target. That’s the great thing! Every amount you raise goes to your credit. You can also set up specific targets as follows:
- $ 456 sponsors a child’s education for 1 year
- $ 4,560 sponsors a batch of 10 children
- $ 4,500 builds 1 house
- $ 45,000 builds a village of 10 houses (minimum for 1 village)
If you need help in setting up your target, speak to an ANCOP representative in your area.
Speak to your Area ANCOP Coordinator or contact Pilar Dimaculangan at Sponsor@ancopcanada.org
You can participate as an individual with your personal target of sponsorship. You can also form a team, act as team captain, and recruit members to walk and raise funds to reach your target. Or, you may join an existing team. When you register, try searching for this team by entering the first few letters of the team’s name. If not, contact the team captain so you can be added to the list.
Online registration is fast and you will have access to tools and tips to help you reach your fundraising goals. Upon registration, you will get a webpage that you can personalize with your story, picture, and videos. You will also be able to track your donors and fundraising progress.
If you need step by step procedures to register, download the instructions here Doing Online Fund Raising in 15 Easy Steps
Download the form here (link form). Be sure to fill out the form legibly and provide your complete contact information. Submit the form along with your payment to your local ANCOP Walk coordinator or, mail it to ANCOP’s head office:
ANCOP International (Canada), Inc.
Unit 3 – 418 Hanlan Road
Vaughan, Ontario L4L 4Z1
Student registration is for manual entry. Please submit registration form and payment to your ANCOP Walk coordinator or mail to ANCOP’s head office.
Early bird registration fee is $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for students (13 to 18 years of age) until June 30. After that, registration fee for adults is $25.00 until the day of the walk.
Online registration accepts VISA, Mastercard, and AMEX. You will receive an email confirmation that serves as your receipt.
Offline registration maybe paid in cash or by cheque. Cheques should be payable to ‘ANCOP International Canada, Inc.‘ Please make sure that you write ‘ANCOP Walk registration fee’ and your name in the memo or at back of the cheque.
Note that the registration fee is not entitled to a tax receipt.
Please contact your local Ancop Walk coordinator or email email@example.com
Usernames cannot be changed. You can change your password by signing in. At the top of the page, click on Profile. On the left click on Change Password.
The email may have gone into your spam or junk mail.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address books. Log in using your username and password. Click on Profile and confirm your email address.
Sign in using your username and password. Click on Team. Click Form or Join A Team
WALKER FUND RAISING PAGE
It is an online webpage that highlights a participant’s fundraising effort. This is automatically created to allow you to share information about yourself, why you are walking, and for your donors to make secure online donations on your behalf. It can be personalized by customizing content with your photos, videos, text, and more.
It is an online webpage that highlights a team’s fundraising effort. Team Captains manage this page, and only they are able to make changes or customize the content and images.
Go to Fundraising and click Get Sponsors. Choose from two options how you will do your campaign: Send emails or Share with Social Media Sites.
No. You can send as many emails that you want.
Yes. To upload your contact list, select the get sponsors icon under your Fundraising Hub.
- click on the address book image (just above and to the right of the To field). This will open the Add New Contact window.
- select Import Contacts
- select the email program you want to import from
- sign in to your email account
- select the contacts you want to import and click next
- your contacts will be imported
- select the contacts you want to send messages to or click the X to close the address book
- For personal pages: Login using your username and password. Click on the Profile tab. Under Edit Contact Information, scroll down and be sure to check the box for Allow the general public to sponsor you. Click Submit.
- For team pages: Team Captains should login using your username and password to the Participant Portal. Click on the Team tab. Click on Edit Team Info and be sure to check the box for Allow the general public to search my team and view fundraising.
Go back to login page, area click on Forgot username and password. Enter the information requested. For username assistance please enter your email address where it is indicated. For password assistance please enter your username where it is indicated. We will send you instructions on how to reactivate your account.
You register your team by selecting Create a Team. The person who creates the team will automatically become the Team Captain.
You join a team by selecting Join a Team in the registration process. Please confirm with your Team Captain that your team is already registered prior to joining online.
Please email email@example.com
From your Home page, click Recruit Friends or click Team, then click on Recruit Team Members
The Team Captain’s role is very important. He leads and motivates the team members to go out and campaign for public support and solicit funds. He is responsible for:
- recruiting team members
- setting fundraising goal and leading the members to plan how to achieve this goal
- acting as liaison for the team with the Area ANCOP Coordinator
- communicating with the team all event information and updates
- customizing Team Page and using it to sustain the team’s enthusiasm to campaign for funds
- following up with team members regularly
- collecting completed Pledge forms for submission to the local ANCOP Walk coordinator or to ANCOP head office
- planning the team’s theme and props during the walk
- ensuring that the team members arrive promptly in the site and participate fully in the activities
DONATIONS AND PLEDGES FORM
Log in to your account to have a pre-populated donation form emailed to you.
- From your Home page, click on Fundraising
- Click on Download Forms
- Click on Email Pledge Form and the form will be emailed to you
Log in to your account
- Click on Fundraising on the left side
- Click on Manage Sponsor (under Fundraising)
- Scroll down, you will see My Sponsors
- Cash and cheque donations should go with a manually completed pledge form. These should be submitted to the local ANCOP Coordinator preferably before or on the day of the ANCOP Walk.
- Multiple donations may be covered by a single check, however, please make sure that you attach a pledge form with complete details of the donations and donors’ info. (to check with Dario)
Yes. Donations of $20 or more will be issued tax receipt (Canadian residents only) provided donors submit complete contact information including their name, mailing address, phone, and their email address (to facilitate prompt and faster issuance of tax receipt). These must be clearly printed in the form to ensure correctness of information.
Donations of $20 or more made online will generate outright an electronic tax receipt. This goes to the donor’s email. Cash and cheque donations will be receipted no later than February 28th of the following year.
If you haven’t received an income tax receipt by end of February the next year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We answer the cry of the poor through effective child education and community development programs, anchored on values formation.
We generate a cadre of volunteers, witnessing to the ideals of loving God and neighbor, and putting faith into action.
We effectively communicate our work, generating awareness and interest on the plight of the poor, spurring a meaningful response to their needs.
We help transform the lives of poor children & their families, helping restore hope and dignity.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
When you donate to ANCOP Canada Shelter Projects, you help fund the materials to build low cost modest houses for poor families. You provide financial support for the education, after-school and value formation programs of children in the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Uganda, Jamaica and Canada. Lastly, your donation helps provide common facilities to areas that require multi-purpose halls and education centres.
Charity Registration # 879350312RR00