Last Update: April 4, 2023
1. About Us. This website (ancopcanada.org) is operated by ANCOP International Canada Inc. dba ANCOP Canada. We are located at Unit 3 – 418 Hanlan Road, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, L4L 4Z1.
We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us by writing to email@example.com.
In this Privacy Notice, the terms "we", "our" and "us" mean ANCOP Canada.
2. Effective Date and Scope. This Privacy Notice is effective as of April 4, 2023.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through the following websites and online applications:
3. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you.
This information includes your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cellphone number, your credit card information and other similar information when associated with you.
Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you.
If you are a corporate donor or prospective corporate donor, personal information does not include your title, business address and business telephone number when we use that information to contact you in your capacity as a corporate donor.
How we collect your personal information
(a) We collect personal information from you when you create an account, make a donation, communicate with us using our email to make a request or ask a question, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication. For example, we will request credit card and other identifying information to process a credit card transaction when you make a donation through our website. We will also ask you for contact information in order to provide you with a tax receipt.
(b) We receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we will receive information from credit card processors regarding whether the credit card details you gave us have been accepted or declined. We may also acquire information about you from other third parties with whom you shared your information and whom you have allowed to provide information to us.
4. How Do We Use Your Personal Information? We use your information to provide services and to manage our business operations. Some examples include:
(a) to register your account;
(b) to authenticate you when you log into your account;
(c) to fulfill your requests to provide donations;
(d) to communicate with you about your requests;
(e) to recommend or to offer you other charitable giving opportunities based on your inferred interests;
(f) to create internal reports to measure the efficiency and efficacy of our operations; and
(g) to protect the security or integrity of our website and our organization.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information or as required by law. We maintain a records retention and destruction program to destroy information when it is no longer needed or required.
5. Personalized Experience and Web Analytics.
We also automatically collect information when you visit our website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We also collect information about how you browse through our website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our website. For example:
(a) we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
(b) we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers; and
(c) we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
In addition, if you donate online, we will create an account for you to provide you with your donation history with us and to provide you an opportunity to personally connect with the beneficiary or beneficiaries of your donation.
6. Regarding Children and Minors. Our website and the services offered on our website are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect personal information about a child under the age of 13.
We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts or make purchases.
7. Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others? We may share your personal information with our service providers and our corporate affiliates that help us with our business operations. For example, we share information with service providers who provide us with marketing and promotional services. We require our service providers and our affiliates to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers and our affiliates may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
For a list of our affiliates, please click here. For a list of our service providers who have access to your personal information, please click here.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
8. Law Enforcement Requests. We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
9. Storage Outside of Canada. Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers and our affiliates outside of Canada. We require that our service providers and our affiliates safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
10. Opt-out of Marketing Emails. If you donate online, you will automatically be added to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link provided in each email.
Please note that we still maintain information that you provided to us for audit purposes or to comply with our legal obligations. We may also de-identify your information in order to continue to use it for research and analytics purposes to understand our organization, to make service improvements and to make available to third parties. We prohibit our employees and third parties from attempting to re-identify information that we have de-identified.
11. How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint? If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at:
Chief Privacy Officer
12. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information? We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information and we require our affiliates and any third-party service providers to take comparable steps to ensure the protection of any of your personal information that is shared with them.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive.
13. Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins. You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. Do not transmit personal information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
You may create links between our website and social networking sites. If you do so, we may be able to publish updates about our services to your social network account through the links that you establish. You may terminate those links at any time by modifying your social network account.
If you are logged into a social networking site when visiting our page, your visit to our website will be personalized based on your social networking profile.
14. Changes. We may modify or supplement this Privacy Notice at any time. If any changes are made to this Privacy Notice, a copy of the Privacy Notice as amended will be posted on our website as soon as practicable following that update, and if you have an account with us, you will be sent an email copy of the Privacy Notice. Your continued use of the website following such posting signifies your consent to its revised terms.
15. Notice to Persons Outside of Canada. This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of Canada and applicable provincial laws. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada and applicable provincial laws.
ANCOP Canada Service Providers:
Each individual Christian and every community is called to be an instrument of God for the liberation and promotion of the poor, and for enabling them to be fully a part of society.
- Pope Francis